Wednesday, August 30, 2006

"Foreman Scotty's Kid's" 501 (c) (3)

The goal of "Foreman Scotty's Kids" having 501 (c) (3) status, is slowly coming to fruition. Our goal, or rather my dream, has been a long time coming, starting as a child watching Jerry Lewis do his bit for MDA, (one of MY heros) through last Christmas when I was doing funraising for a non-profit here in the city. During the fundraiser last Christmas, I was down in the trenches, out shaking hands and talking to people from all over the world every day. Of course most were from right here in Oklahoma, but it was the holidays, so there was a larger than normal array of 'out-of-towners'. I stood in front of a 2006 Harley Davidson Springer Classic, on the bottom level of Penn Square Mall, right smack dab in front of Godiva. (torture) So there I stood through the holidays, (yes, yes that was me) raising money and hearing your stories... each of you had one, and each of you mattered. I learned through that experience, what it was dad loved so much about being Foreman Scotty. He loved you, he loved people, not just children...but people, folks, y'all, EVERYONE! So on December 27th of last year, I started the paperwork to make FSK's a not-for-profit Charity...and then promptly forgot about it. (I'm a single parent, remember) That is until this summer. Now, here's my question for you...because my dad was very big on "Go to the source." Call this a 'poll' if you will, I just want some opinions on how "Foreman Scotty's Kids" could best serve our community. I want to hear whats going on out there, what the real need is, not just for children, but for all of us. If I'm going to do this in memeory of my dad, and to help others through that memory, I want to do it right. My son is back in school, I have more time available for building this up, but I need your feedback please. So kick it around, talk to people, do your own research if you want, and let me know what you think. The question is: How can "Foreman Scotty's Kids" best serve the community as a non-profit organization? Email me at with your ideas, don't be shy about it! Looking forward to hearing from each and every one of you. Warm regards, Lisa (aka Foreman Scotty's Kid)

No comments: