Sunday, July 02, 2006

A Romantic Twist

Hi Lisa, Betty Sanders said you were collecting Foreman Scotty stories. Here's one: I won the Golden Horseshoe when I was about six or seven. When I was that age, my mother was a den mother for 2 dens of Cub Scouts and I was always forced to tag along, the only girl. Mother arranged for both Cub Dens to be on the Foreman Scotty show at the same time. This filled the gallery, so there I was, the only girl again, in a sea of blue shirts. The camera man who whirled the "lasso" over the faces must have felt sorry for me and he zeroed in on the lone little girl. I was watching the boys shenanigans and didn't even realize the lasso was blinking over my face for some moments. It didn't dawn on me that I was what those noisy boys were yelling about. I think I even slapped at one of them for pointing at me! I set the original prototype for Reality T.V. that day. Scotty and the crew in the studio loved my bewildered reaction.I kept the Golden Horseshoe for years. It always made me feel lucky. Darlene Gardenhire Darlene Graham http://www.darlenegraham.com Don't miss THE BABY DIARIES! coming in September BORN UNDER THE LONE STAR LONE STAR RISING LONE STAR DIARY

No comments: